“What are some easy healthy snacks that I can feel good about consuming?” This is by far one of the most consistent questions I receive.
Snacking doesn’t have to be a bad thing. Like almost everything else, you want to look for quality ingredients, but most importantly is that your snacking supports your blood sugar levels throughout the day. Without this, people begin a vicious cycle of craving sweets, sugar, and coffee, experience low energy, mood swings, lightheadedness and nausea. So without a doubt the type of snack you choose can make a big difference in the way you feel, physically, mentally and emotionally.
Over the years I have become quite the snack connoisseur, and thankfully there have been many companies created from recognizing the need for healthier snacks. One of the best resources I have found that has made accessing these companies much easier is Thrive Market. In case you’re not familiar with Thrive, they’re an online health food store offering the best-selling natural and organic products at 25-50% off retail prices. Yes, seriously. They carry over 2,500 of the highest quality food, home, personal care, and beauty products from over 400 of the best brands on the market. And they delivered straight to your door…it’s kinda amazing. It is membership based, but easily pays for itself with the savings. If you live in an area where finding specialty products is impossible, this is your answer, OR if you just hate going to the store, or don’t have the time, let them do the work. I wouldn’t be talking this up if I didn’t love and use them myself. I find I save on average 30% off my grocery bill from shopping Thrive, rather than going to Whole Foods, and save so much time! Just FYI, they have amazing snacks, many of which I list below for you!
Ok, back to snacking…
I understand how confusing it can be when shopping for healthy items, especially packaged ones that are filled with deceiving marketing claims and advertising. Obviously whole food snacking is ideal, but we need to be realistic too. Sometimes life happens and we just don’t have the time, bandwidth, or heck, maybe we just want something a little sinful. Therefore, I have created a rather comprehensive list of all my favorite easy healthy snacks (at the best price I have found them) with everything you could want (or crave), including both nutrition and of course taste.
My Favorite Easy Healthy Snacks
From crackers, veggie chips to toasted seaweed, these are sure to satisfy any potato chip addict.
- Flax Cracker
- Almond Flour Crackers
- Paleo Thin Crackers
- Kale Chips OR try a variety pack
- Tangy Lime Coconut Crisps OR try a variety pack
- Oloves– Marinated olives in a convenient pack…soooo good!
- Plantain Chips
- Brussel Chips
- Parsnip Chips
- Seasnax OR try a variety pack
Energy Bars and Butters That Satisfy
Not all bars are made the same. These have all the flavor without all the sugar and additives.
- Dark Chocolate Almond Bars
- EVO Bar
- Chia Bar
- Epic Bars
- Nicks Spicy Sticks
- Almond Butter packets
- Pecan Butter packets
- Coconut Butter packets
- Sunflower Butter
What’s better than chocolate for a sweet tooth? Not much, but perhaps a few things…
- Raw Chocolate Coconut Crisps
- Raw Choco Crunch Sprouted Cookies
- Raw Ginger Snap Sprouted Cookies OR try a variety pack
- Superfood Trail Mix
- Organic Freeze Strawberries and Raspberries – Different than dried fruit, no sugar added, great for traveling!
- Coconut Macaroons
- Theo 85% Chocolate Bar – My favorite go-to chocolate- soy free!
Staples for Simple, Savory and Nourishing Snacks
From smaller meals, to nourishing and tasty snacks, these are always in my kitchen.
- Wrawps -I love these for stuffing sandwich fillings to spreading with nut butter or avocado and cucumber.
- Paleo Meal Protein Powder– Great for a quick way to satisfy and get fast nutrition in you. The “DF” version is Dairy Free and made with pea protein.
- Pure Paleo Protein Powder– My favorite Protein powder! Super creamy and rich, reminds me of an old fashion milkshake, especially when coconut milk is used as a mixer.
- Sipping Bone Broth OR try a single serving – Great to have on hand for emergency. Makes a great snack with a little ghee, sea salt and lemon.
There you have it, a look into my favorite snacking options. I always love learning about new snacks out there, especially for convenience and travel. If you have any you would like to add, share them with me below! Enjoy!
Like this article? Pin it and share!